How to Do the Locust Pose
- Lie on your stomach with your forehead touching the floor, hands flat at your side with palms facing down.
- Extend your legs to be hip width apart, focus your weight on the tops of the feet.
- Gently elevate the upper body with the head up as high and comfortably as possible.
- Inhale and elevate the head up looking ahead.
- While exhaling, raise your hands and fingers parallel to the ground.
- At the same time, raise your legs up (you can raise one leg at a time for several seconds if you can’t do both).
- Hold for 60 seconds and repeat 5-10 times.
- Release the pose by lowering your legs, torso and arms at the same time slowly.
You can also do some really simple exercises throughout your day. Give these a try the next time you’ve been sitting at a desk for a few hours!